Our Statement of Faith
- WE BELIEVE that there is ONE LIVING AND TRUE GOD, eternally existing in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all.
- WE BELIEVE that the SCRIPTURES of the Old and New Testament are the Word of God fully inspired, and the infallible rule of Faith and practice; and that they are to be interpreted according to their context and purpose and in reverent obedience to the Lord who speaks through them in living power.
- WE BELIEVE in GOD THE FATHER, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death, all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- WE BELIEVE in JESUS CHRIST, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, continual intercession for His people and personal, visible return to earth. We believe that in His first coming Jesus inaugurated the fulfillment of the kingdom of God.
- WE BELIEVE in the HOLY SPIRIT, who was sent by the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ; we believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding Helper, Teacher, and Guide. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all the biblical gifts of the Spirit.
- WE BELIEVE that all MEN are sinners by nature and choice and are therefore under condemnation, but that God regenerates those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord.
- WE BELIEVE in the CHURCH, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the Head and all regenerated people are members.
- WE BELIEVE that the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ORDINANCES to the church; baptism; and the Lord’s supper. We believe in water baptism and communion open to all believers.
- WE BELIEVE also in the LAYING ON OF HANDS for empowering of the Holy Spirit, for receiving of gifts of the Spirit, for healing, and for recognition and empowering of those whom God has ordained to lead and serve the church.
- WE BELIEVE in the personal, visible APPEARING OF CHRIST to earth and the consummation of His Kingdom; in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and the eternal punishment of the wicked.